Today I’m so satisfied for doing fixing my own Mercedes-Benz W123 steering lock. I’d been searching on the internet how to remove a whole key assembly set, from the steering. But I found nothing. Just how to remove a stuck broken key on the ignition key hole. My only help I found just a manual book on the internet that helps showing how to remove step-by-step. But no body posting about this removal experience.
So, now I represent my own experience, and solving my own problem. My steering lock starter switch has loosen from it housing. This makes my key doesn’t work at all.
Here the step-by-step:
- Download the e-book file about steering lock from my files collection.
- Dashboard panel must be removed.
- Remove the steering lock and bring all of its component out from your car.
- Remove the steering lock starter switch house from the steering lock assembly.
- Notice the red arrow, you cannot do wrong when re-assembly.
- Look at the square mark that I circling with red color. That is the place you put the direction of the steering switch.
- I’m using hammer-back side for fasten the steering lock switch to the housing.
- Make sure you have done fasten all side.
- When it is done, the steering lock switch will attach tightly without any movement at all.
- Then put the steering lock switch housing to the steering lock assembly by screwing back three bolt.
- Finish, back to the e-book and follow the instruction for putting back the steering lock to the car.